10 goals I achieved in 2019

New Years Day brunch!

It's so easy to look at what goals I did not achieve. It's human nature to see all the spiritual disciplines I'm lacking, habits I should be working on, and the to-do-lists that remain unchecked. But I've found that it's so very important to celebrate every-little-victory; the goals met daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and sometimes hourly!

I'm grateful for parents who encouraged me to set goals from a young age (I'm trying to do the same with my children!). To pray as though achieving those goals depended on the Lord and work as though they depended on me.

With every new season of life (early marriage, having babies, husband's deployments, moving across the ocean, unforeseen trials, fun adventures that have surprised me, etc.) and a lot of trial and error, I've learned that sometimes my goals look small in other peoples eyes (and that's OK!): getting a single load of laundry done during a baby's naptime, writing a thank-you note, reading a storybook to a little one, helping a teenager fill out a form for a youth event, or going for a walk with my husband.

Other years my goals have felt much bigger; parenting solo while my Hero has served our country in combat (months and years at time), moving across the ocean, writing a book for young ladies, being a conference speaker, facilitating Bible studies for girls and woman around the globe, planning a 17-day family European travel adventure through Germany, Austria, and Italy, and teaching an energetic homeschool gym class every Friday for an entire school year. With all seasons though, I've learned that I need to break my goals down into achievable bites that can be measured.

Here are 10 of the goals I accomplished in 2019 and I'd love to hear some of yours! Lets celebrate every little victory!

1. Read slowly through the New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs
2. Read 28 books (this does not include books I read to my children)
3. Wrote in my "gratitude journal" every week day
4. Did 128 Beach Body on Demand workouts (and many run/walks outside)
5. Went on at least 2 out-of-the-house dates with my handsome Hero each month
6. Moved from Stuttgart, Germany, to MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, USA
7. Unpacked and settled our new home in America
8. Homeschooled 4 of my 5 children
9. Drank water and took vitamins almost every-single-morning of 2019 before I had coffee or tea (kept track in my power sheets)
10. Created a "Jesus Hands & Feet Board" in our school room, as a visual reminder of the ways the Lord is using our family to share the Gospel, love people, and serve like Jesus.

Comments