A promise

 


I’ve written the same Bible verse, every day, for months, at the top of my planner pages.

‘The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” ‘ ~ Exodus 33:14

I’ve held tightly to this promise God gave Moses, as a promise for me, too.

Moses lead God’s people - God’s children. Moses was unsure, weary, felt overwhelmed, needed help, direction, wanted wisdom. Moses felt unqualified - over & over again.

Yet, God’s Presence was with him every step. God’s Presence - God Himself, gave Moses rest (peace that makes no sense) amidst the daily struggles of leading, teaching, questions, repetition, twists & turns.

God’s Presence. 

His Presence in the kitchen, laundry room, driving across town, in a hard discipline moment, teaching a lesson, awake in the middle of the night, listening to a story, playing a game, sitting on a bleacher, working through a problem, cooking another meal, running the vacuum, filling a water bottle, holding a crying littles one, running to an appointment, brushing teeth, in the doctors office, praying over the phone, sending an encouraging text, helping, loving, organizing, cuddling, laughing, and guiding our children into His Presence right along with us.

I will keep writing it (and living it) out, ‘The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” ‘~ Exodus 33:14

Comments