Celebrating 25 years of our hero’s military service


25 years can't be condensed to a few paragraphs on a blog post. It literally fills dozens of journals that I've handwritten over 2 decades. Not to mention love letters from a soldier to his bride that we will forever cherish... I'm in awe of what God has done and who the man I married is. I praise The ONE who brought my Hero home from every deployment, provided courage, wisdom, and strength throughout his career, directed us at every military duty station, has written our love story  - showing us that our wedding vows were an unbreakable covenant, and in His kindness gave us these five priceless children to raise for His glory. All born at different locations on the map "wherever the Army sent us."

In my heart, my Hero retiring from active duty feels like closing one incredible chapter (chapters) and anticipating the new ones ahead. Thankful for the past. So very thankful. And trusting the Lord into the future, like we always have. I will write more about all the transitions and changes, but for now, I just want to soak up Tony's retirement celebration. It was perfect. So many people we love; mentors and friends flew or drove in from around the United States. Puzzle pieces of our life all in one room. We missed others, but in this time of history, I'm grateful for what we had. I'm also grateful for our church family allowing us to have the celebration at GFC and for everyone who helped make the evening one our family will always cherish.

I think these pictures and videos of our children singing tell the retirement celebration story best. "Congratulations, to the man of my dreams. My Hero!"


HERO That Spells Hero (A written and produced surprise from the Prescott kids to daddy!)






























The song that carried our Hero through one of his hardest deployments.


The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. - Psalm 126:3

Bonus video: Savannah, Alisa, Levi, & me singing at "Agape Christian Family Church" during one of our Hero's deployments in 2010

Comments