More summer moments... 2020


I really don't know how we are halfway through October and I'm flipping through summer 2020 pictures. 

Despite the obvious differences due to the virus, as I reflect on breezy summer days, my heart is full of gratitude. Life is made up of these small moments. Often hidden. Wonderous. The smell of sunscreen and saltwater. Sandy towels and sun-kissed noses. Rainbows across our front steps. The tastes of cold desserts and spicy grilled meats. Roadtrips, hotel elevator buttons, thunderstorms, and late movie nights with all my people snuggled up in the airconditioning. Looking into bright eyes, moonlight walks on the sand with my Hero, late-night conversations with my teenagers, laughing with friends, and getting to know new friends who are becoming like family.

Summer also brought many new milestones for our family, including our first driver!

These pictures aren't in any particular order. I'm sure Instagram could remind me, but sometimes snapshots are precious simply for the moment they capture. We also went to a few "new to us" road trip destinations: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and Charleston, South Carolina. As much as my heart misses traveling Europe, I'm re-learning that America The Beautiful is full of adventures that I'm seeing in a whole new light. 





































Ready for a date with my Hero!










The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last forever. 

― EB White, Charlotte’s Web




Comments