Timeless



I love taking pictures of my kiddoes. Photo journaling (and writing) help me to refresh and step back from the full days; remembering all the blessings the Lord has given me. I don't deserve His goodness, but I rest in it. 

I woke up this morning to "Thanksgiving Eve" and could barely contain my excitement as the rest of our household (except my Hero, who was fishing before the sun came up) slept peacefully in their cozy beds. I put in a load of laundry, lit some spicy fall candles, started the coffee, and grabbed my Bible to spend some time with the Lord. As I wrestle with emotions about life and change, I stand firm on the ONE who created me and this life I'm so blessed to live. He is my Refuge. He is the reason we give thanks on Thanksgiving Day, tomorrow. He is the same God who brought Squanto to help the Pilgrims learn to survive in their new land. He is the same God who helped those women long ago in history love and serve their families through the most dire of days. He's the ONE whose presence was there that 1st Thanksgiving in America. He's the One we give thanks to. 

I'm off to start baking pies, mashing sweet potatoes, and chopping celery and onions for Grandma Jean's stuffing recipe. I'm praying for all my family and friends around the globe to enjoy this priceless time of year - the moments with the ones we hold dear. Those timeless traditions that return lovingly each year, being knit into our hearts!

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. ~ Psalm 136:1






Comments