Christma-time around our new home


The past few weeks have been jam packed with Advent activities, church programs, and family fun, but I want to take a minute to record pictures around our new home. Since it is our first Christmas in this house, decorating was trial and error. Each military house is unique and finding special places for our simple holiday treasures is an adventure for me. I love watching old items become new after staying in boxes for 11-months. Being renewed and refreshed as we set them lovingly around our home.

Our family typically decorates the day after Thanksgiving and I love that our children like "decorating day" as much as I do! They have so many ideas for their bedrooms and decorating our main tree in the living room is always a family event. As is eating Thanksgiving leftovers and yummy Christmas goodies together! These are moments that cause my mommy heart to swell with joy; trying to take in all the sweet voices and sparkling eyes of my children. Watching them interact, talk about old ornaments, and declare "this one is mine" is so much fun! Christmas ornaments are like a scrapbook in some ways. So many handmade crafts and small pieces of adventures we've shared. Our family history.


Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. 
~ Isaiah 12:5























Comments