Resurrection Sunday and Holy Week In our Home


Rejoicing because HE IS RISEN!

My Hero had the idea to wake the kids up at 6:15AM on Easter morning. Still in pajamas and wrapped in blankets (although it was warm outside), we headed across the street to watch the sunrise over Tampa Bay. We sat on the rocks; listening to the birds sing their morning songs and the waves hit the shoreline. Because of cloud cover, the sunrise wasn't as brilliant as most days, but the symbolism of Jesus rising from the dead was crystal clear. We sang "Jesus Loves Me" and prayed together. It was a moment I'll hold forever in my heart. The world questioning and trying to understand the times, yet my soul steadfast, knowing that God's plans and timing are perfect. There was a Good Friday. A bloodied cross. But 3-day-later, there was an empty tomb! Jesus finished His redemptive work and forever offers humanity His gift of salvation. Free. It's our cornerstone. Our life.

When we got home the girls snuggled up and watched "Veggie Tales" with Cora (and fell asleep), while the boys helped me make Resurrection biscuits for breakfast! We finished reading "Benjamin's Box, a story for Easter," everyone cleaned up for the day, we watched our online church service (for a second time!), took some fun pictures in our front yard (rejoicing!), made phone calls to family and friends around the globe, and I prepared a fairly traditional Easter meal. We held hands around our dining table and thanked the Lord for His goodness. In every season. He is good. We rejoice in His mercy!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." ~ 1 Peter 1:3

The earlier part of the week I spent my mornings as usual, up early with my Bible and journal. Longing for His presence. Sitting at His feet. Learning. Talking & Listening to my very best friend and King of the World! I prayed for extra patience (I'm sure so many mamas joined me in this), knowing that although we homeschool, this week would still look very different from a typical Holy Week for our family (although last year we lived in Germany). I prayed for dozens of my friends, our healthcare workers, our military service members (especially my handsome Hero), my friends with spouses deployed, those who have lost their jobs, students missings sports and music events, President Trump, and my own family. I prayed that all the traditions I planned would point my kids (and my heart) to Jesus. I failed a lot. But there were also so many victories! We need to focus on those, right? Lots of fun crafts, Holy Week lapbooks made by all 4 of my big kids (I love seeing their individuality shine through), small crafts for Cora, a new Passover unleavened bread recipe, chalk art, salt dough, Savannah sewed masks for our whole family (what a strange feeling, huh?), an IG live chat with our church, and reading our favorite Easter books. Thank you, Jesus, for invading our home with your peace and joy! Thank you for forgiving us and taking the punishment for our sin. We rejoice in YOU forever!














Cora wanted to color a picture of her and Jesus.

















Grateful for these 6 smiles!

Rejoicing!!!

Comments