February... The Blessings


United - Grace Family Church South Tampa

It's so easy to focus on the hard days, isn't it? The days when fevers are high, Kleenex boxes run out, and eyes are hot with tears. Those were all pieces of February for our family. But when I change my focus to God's Word, I remember that He calls me to thank Him during the storm. Not because I like the storm (who likes the flu?!), but because He's with me in the storm and using that storm to deepen my trust in Him. Yes, I can praise Him through trials. Not because it's easy, but because He says to!

"I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I saught the Lord and he answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." ~ Psalm 34:1-4

Today I'm recapping some of the blessings amidst the February storms...

I love the picture above of Savannah leading worship! My mommy heart bursts with joy every time I think of how God is using this young lady, her eagerness to use the gifts He's given her to share Him with others, and the mighty ways He's working in her life.


I also got to spend time with one of my very dearest friends, Trish! Our families met the first time we were stationed in Germany. She is a kindred spirit, military wife, and homeschool mom who always encourages me to love Jesus more, to study God's Word, and to laugh a lot! I love her to pieces and I'm grateful for any time the Lord allows us to spend together!



Although this isn't as funny as I originally thought it was, I posted it on my Instagram stories... Levi's personal goal for the 2nd week of February, was "Don't get sick!"



I ordered a new copy of The Jesus Storybook Bible because our copy has been so well-loved that the binding and pages are falling apart. Grateful for children who love God's Word and love to listen to mommy read it to them each day!


The big family Valentine's Day party I was planning didn't happen, which made me very thankful that I planned ahead and had some heart-day-fun tucked in our hall closet. Our family had also planned on hosting a Valentine party for our homeschool group, but thanks to some very supportive, loving families, they all agreed to postpone for a few weeks till our family was healthy. I love our military homeschool community so much!










Levi has quite the knack for editing videos, making stop motion movies, and helping our Hero edit     GoPro fishing video!


Lastly, although I only made it to one soccer game in February (caring for children with the flu, being sick myself, or taking another child to an activity), Levi and Joshua have been playing soccer, my Hero has been coaching Joshua's soccer team (is also the commissioner), and Savannah has been reffing for 7 & 8-year old soccer teams on MacDill. Sports are quite the family adventures and I love cheering for my players, handsome husband coach, and the prettiest referee in the world! I'm so excited for the games coming up this week!





Comments