Back to School 2018



We are wrapping up our 4th week of school and I'm grateful for all the Lord has taught me and my precious students thus far. 10th grade, 7th grade, 5th grade, Kindergarten, and a baby girl.

Every year I feel completely inadequate to teach and train my children. Yet, every year I watch the Lord provide, sustain, and equip. He has called me to this, our family to this style of education, and I truly love it! It's an honor and a privilege. I relish watching my children learn together, work through daily trials together, serve each other, question each other, read God's Word together, and help one another. There is never a perfect day (far from it!), but there is sure a lot to be thankful for.

Our scripture for this school year is Psalm 33:20 "We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield." Every hope we have, every dream, every desire, we place in our Father's loving arms. Everything we need is in Him and He comes to our rescue. He helps with math problems, science quizzes, and the self control not to hit our big brother. *smile* He is also our shield. Our defense. Our protector.

I can't believe it is our 12th year making our traditional "Back To School Brownie" (started when Savannah was 4-years-old in preschool!) A simple box brownie mix, cut into the shape of a pencil, covered in homemade frosting. Other traditions are taking pictures, filling out "About Me" questionnaires, memorizing our verse for the year, and looking through our fresh, new curriculum. Here are some of the pictures from our 1st day 2018!



















Comments