I'm thankful for... June Edition





I'm already behind with my blogging goals for "Heroic Homemaking," but nevertheless, I shall press on and want to document these summer memories that I'm so very thankful for... I look back at pictures from the month of June and am thankful for Father's Day, Food, Fellowship, Family fun, and Friendship.

On Father's Day we celebrated our Hero with a table full of homemade cards and small gifts before church, lunch at a new-to-us pizzeria with friends, and homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert. I've watched my handsome Hero love, encourage, teach, train, inspire, coach, discipline, guide, belly-laugh with, play with, adventure with, inspire, and protect our little ones for 15-years now and I'm in awe of the daddy he is! I'm grateful to be his wife and honored to be the mommy of his children. My Hero is truly a strong, fearless warrior with the most tender heart for his children. The love of my life and the greatest gift the Lord has given me on earth. Our children are blessed beyond measure to have an earthly father who constantly models their Heavenly Father's love for them.

Food. Well, these pictures don't do it justice, but between the sweetest, juiciest strawberries bought on the side of the road, squash picked fresh from our garden, savory appetizers, fluffy German breads, and Alisa's favorite penne pasta recipe, I'm thankful for food. Always. Thankful. For. Food.

Fellowship. Savannah was blessed to travel to Scotland, for Young Life Camp, with Club Beyond. The Lord did so much in her and through her, as she shared the gospel with girls in her cabin. Memories that I know will always be held close as she continues to step out in faith, serving the Lord wherever He takes her!

Family fun. We enjoyed a Medieval Festival, a yummy lunch and shopping at IKEA in Sindelfingen, trips to the library, setting up our Nintendo Wii (which had been in a box for almost a year), and teaching baby sister to play the guitar among other things. *smile*

Friendship. I'm thankful for new friends, friends who we see often and those who have recently moved far away (oh the Army). We have been blessed by the Lord so richly in this area and I never want to take for granted our authentic, precious, life-giving friendships around the globe.








































Comments

  1. So fun to see! Looks like you’ve had a wonderful summer! I’d like your penne pasta recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Alisa actually makes it and it's from a "Pioneer Woman"cookbook: Penne Alla Betsy

      Delete

Post a Comment