Happy 10th Birthday, Levi!




Double Digits!

My home-run-hitting, tender hearted, incredibly loyal, gadget making, joke cracking boy turned 10-years-old this week (as we traveled through Italy, Switzerland, and Germany on a family vacation.)

Levi is strong, funny, and oh-so-creative. He is a thoughtful younger brother and a protective, patient big brother. He has grown so much this year and although I wish I could keep him my little boy forever, I adore watching this courageous young man starting to spread his wings (he wanted a leather wallet for his birthday). 

I see Levi reading God's Word, making wise choices, respecting his daddy and me, developing convictions, choosing good friends, learning daily to get back up when he falls, and laughing a lot. He is a smiler!

This past year we discovered that Levi can sing. He performed Petra's "It Is Finished," at our homeschool Night of the Arts and it was as if he'd been performing since he was a toddler. He also really likes anchovies on his pizza, collecting "Calvin and Hobbes" books, drawing his own comic books, making Lego stop-motion-movies, playing baseball, guy time with daddy, helping me in the kitchen, and knowing "the plan" of what adventures we have coming up next in school and activities.

I'm so thankful for every minute with my oldest son and am blessed beyond words that God place him in our family. I continue to pray that He will grow in wisdom and stature, in favor with God and men. That Levi will love the Lord more than he loves anything else and stay pure, steadfast, and faithful to God's plan for his life. Oh how I love him! Happy 10th birthday, Levi!

Comments