Celebrating America's Independence Day, in Germany


America was founded by people who believe that God was their rock of safety. I recognize we must be cautious in claiming that God is on our side, but I think it’s all right to keep asking if we’re on His side. ~ President Ronald Reagan 

Spending American holidays in Germany, is different, causing me to be even more grateful for friends who become like family during our overseas tours. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of us adults (enjoying sweet conversation) or of the kiddoes during their water balloon fight, precious 2-year-old Anna jumping on the trampoline, or the incredibly delicious food my friend Jennifer brought over. 

After the festive BBQ, my Hero, the big kids, our German landlord, and friends went to the military base to watch the fireworks with an enormous red-white-and-blue celebrating crowd. Joshua, Cora, and me stayed home, read books, ate snacks, and snuggled together till bedtime... after my littles fell asleep, I thanked the Lord again for letting me be born in the United States of America. Our travel adventures around the globe are amazing, but knowing America is my homeland on the map is truly an honor. I will never be able to thank the Lord enough for the patriotic heroes that have made my freedom possible. In my generation (my Hero and those we serve alongside today) and hundreds of  years ago.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people who He's chosen as His inheritance." ~ Psalm 33:12















Comments