I'm Thankful For... May Moments


One aspect I enjoyed about blog-journaling in the past, was recording things I'm thankful for in pictures. I use to do this every month or so and my goal is to start up again. Gratitude changes my perspective on everything (especially when we've had a week of a cold/fever/cough viruses going around our house). So without further ado, here are some moments I'm grateful for in May...

First, I'm thankful that Alisa's dearest friend from our last duty station in Florida, Ellie, came to visit us in Germany! I'm not sure if these two best friends slept the entire week, but the their joy, Germany adventures, and continuous giggles will last a life-time!



I'm thankful for our trips to the park near our home. Sunshine. Naps. Snails. Obstacle courses. Tag games. Swings. The best!






I'm thankful for the honor of watching my gorgeous photographer capture moments through her lens... breathtaking!



Our family was blessed to celebrate Levi's decision to follow Jesus in baptism! I'm so thankful for my boy's passion to read God's Word and to serve the Lord faithfully... Buried with Christ, raised to walk in newness of life. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." - John 3:16


This baby girl. The eyes. The cheeks. The fuzzy head. The 7-month-old laughter. I'm so thankful for our Cora Elizabeth!



I'm thankful for Savannah's new piano teacher and our homeschool group's "Night of the Arts" program. My sweeties sang and played magnificently! I relish watching them walk out the gifts and talents God has given them!





Mother's Day is a day I'm always thankful for. Being a mommy is the best earthly gift the Lord has ever given me (along with my Hero)! I truly think Mother's Day is not a date on a calendar, but is a gift I get to open every morning. Looking into the blue eyes of our babies; those bigger and those smaller than mine. I am stunned that God has entrusted me with these divine, eternal gifts.

  • This year on Mother's Day, surrounded by our church family, we publicly dedicated our sweet Cora to the Lord. Lots of mommy tears and emotions as my Hero and I, re-committed to raising our baby daughter (and her adoring big siblings) in the grace, wisdom, promises, and truth of God's Word. May we live our lives saturated with the Gospel, passionately following Christ, with every breath!

  • ... "Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him." ~ Psalm 127:3

Oh, and I'm thankful for each homemade card, a yummy omelet made by Alisa, flowers from my Hero, and scrumptious Germany bakery desserts!




I'm thankful for friendships (new and older - here and across the globe) and celebrating my sweet friend Amber's baby boy arriving soon!



Comments