Preparing for our 1st homeschool graduation (2021 Milestones)

This girl.

Yesterday we were finger painting and learning to sound out words. Today we are planning for her high school graduation.

I could not be prouder of the wise choices Savannah makes and the young woman she has become. Unique. Set apart. One of a kind. The way she loves Jesus and loves people inspires me. God has answered my prayers for her far above what I could have imagined or dreamed when she was a baby. 

I also feel like this is the beginning. Yes, in the spring we will see one chapter close, but we will also see one open. It's bittersweet; but much more sweet than bitter. Milestones typically are a mixture of both.

I've been asking God to prepare my heart for this new season and at the same time help me to enjoy right where we are. That's motherhood. Being present, yet preparing them for the future. Being prayerful in the moment, all the while sending prayers into eternity.

As I look ahead at the coming months with my soon-to-be-graduate, I choose to focus on the joy in her eyes as she stretches into the new places God is taking her. Be a good listener. An encourager of the dreams God has placed in her heart. Help her achieve her goals. Give her wings without strings. Cherish the every-day-moments of cozy breakfast talks in our kitchen, watching her dance across the living room like she's always done, and give her strong hugs when she grabs the keys to head off to her many activities. Thank you, Lord, for every moment.



Comments