Happy 6th Birthday, Joshua!!

May 2019 - Birthday Boy!

Happy 6th birthday, to my Joshua James (belated online)! Oh my boy, you are such a delight, funny, witty, and still packed with hours of daily giggles. You have a soft heart and the most cheerful attitude. You are strong, smart, and as fast as lightning! You are content and rarely ask for anything - except Legos, which you ask for every time we are in a store that carries them. 

You love “guy time”; haircuts, runs, playing baseball, movies, and wrestling just with daddy and big brother. No girls allowed! You like mixing up pancakes and blueberry muffins and really like days we stay inside - pajama days. You love to learn, are starting to read, and ask me to read to you every night before bed (be still my heart). You love playing games with your big sisters, you are the most loving brother to your baby sister, and our dog, Thor, is your sidekick. You aren’t a big eater, but could live on yogurt, cereal, and pizza. You have done so well with your 4th military-move and amaze me with your calm, positive attitude.

The morning before your 6th birthday, snuggled up in our hotel room, I asked what Bible story you wanted me to read. You said, “Joshua fighting the battle of Jericho. My favorite!” My prayer is that you will always let the Lord fight your battles, that you will be strong and courageous like your biblical namesake, and that you will know that “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go!” (Joshua 1:9) 

I love you, Joshua!

(A few pictures celebrating your 6th birthday for an entire week: in a hotel since we were in the middle of a move from Germany to Florida, at Clearwater Beach, Busch Gardens, "The Secret Life of Pets 2" movie, and with Papa, Nana, and Great-Grammy. We love celebrating you!)











Comments