Savannah's 16th birthday trip to France!


It has been 4 months since I've updated my online journal and I've missed resting my heart in this space. I've had good reason for neglect though, as we embarked on our 13th military move and are getting settled back across the Atlantic Ocean, at our new duty station in Florida. I would love to catch up on everything that's happened in the past months, but with settling into our new home and preparing for a new homeschool year (I'm excited!), there just isn't time. So for now I'm going to post pictures (mostly taken by Savannah) of her unforgettable birthday trip to Riquewihr and Ribeauville', France!

My birthday princess wanted to explore the region of France that was Disney's inspiration for "Beauty & The Beast" . Unfortunately, Alisa came down with the flu that had been passed around our house since January (and lasted through May. Oh. My.), and my Hero was recovering from pneumonia (seriously), so they stayed home to recover and the rest of us set off to France... we were all sad to split up our crew, but it was another reminder that we may plan our days, but God determines our steps. It was our choice to choose joy and gratitude; knowing He works  everything out for our good and for His glory. And, as you will see from these beautiful pictures, it was a special few days and we are so thankful some of us were able to go! It truly felt like the five of us stepped into "a quiet village" and became "guests" at "Le 1513!" I can't recommend it enough!






























Comments