Our Littlest Pumpkin Turns One-Year-Old



It is the tail end of December, and I'm just now adding two posts to my blog and lots of pictures I captured of our tiniest pumpkin, in October... one of my goals for 2019 is to write and photo journal more. For these reasons. 

Onto Miss Cora Elizabeth's 1st birthday! 

Oh my tiny girl. In so many ways I wished this baby year with you would never end. Yes, you are still my baby, but toddlerhood is on the horizon as you excitedly crawl and pull up on everything around our house. You take a few steps here and there, but aren't in a hurry to walk. You do have a huge vocabulary and love to say "da-da" (your 1st word), "ma-ma", "uh-oh", and "baby".

You really like to eat. Yogurt, asparagus, mandarin oranges, pasta, spinach, cheesecake (thanks to daddy). You sing, wiggle, dance, clap, and giggle with absolute joy on your face whenever music is playing. You raise your hands in worship at church, too. Talk about reminding your mommy to come to Jesus as a little one.

You love touch-n-feel board books and anything your brothers are playing with. You give the sweetest kisses and the strongest hugs (your grandma Jean in heaven is proud of that, I'm certain). You love bath-time, being outside, and are a social butterfly, waving and smiling at almost everyone you meet.

I adore cuddling, nursing, rocking, reading to, playing with, praying over, and singing to you, Cora. I love every moment watching you grow and learn. Your rosy cheeks and sparkling blueberry eyes light up daddy and my whole world. Your big siblings adore you and fight over who gets to hold you, play with you, or get you out of your crib after naps. You have a unique relationship with each of your sisters and brothers and I'm grateful that you are growing up with the world's BEST role models. You are oh-so-loved and truly a priceless gift from our gracious Heavenly Father.

Happy 1st birthday, baby girl!



 








Comments