Spring Birthday Season!

As the flowers bloom every springtime, so do our children with three special birthdays, starting off with Alisa turning 12, a trip to our old hometown in Germany, and a fun long-weekend hotel stay in Bavaria!

Next, Savannah turned 15, with a packed homeschool co-op day, homemade cookie cake, and a sports birthday party with her fantastic friends!

Lastly, our baby-boy, Joshua turned 5-years-old, wanted a Lego family party, pizza, a cake frosted with Cool-whip, and an upcoming trip to LegoLand, Germany.

I'm going to post the notes I wrote to them on Instagram, marking their special day this year...


Alisa, Happy 12th birthday, to my guitar playing, beautifully harmonizing, cupcake baking, organized, journal writing, always twirling, athletic, joyful, sweet-as-sugar, Alisa Grace! You are a loving sister, a loyal friend, and a thoughtful daughter. You surprise me with encouraging notes (and emails) and the way you secretly tidy up around our home. You are a night owl, a fan of all things cozy, determined and competitive like daddy. You love Jesus, love His Word, and are a bright light in your generation. I'm blessed by the wise choices you make and inspired by how you treat others with kindness. You truly are priceless and I'm so honored to watch you grow. I love you, Alisa!













Savannah, Happy 15th birthday, to my girl! You've lived in 8 states and 2 countries, on your 1st birthday daddy was serving in combat in Iraq, and through every season you continue to look for the good. You choose to have such a thankful heart, Savannah. You are an original; confident, beautiful, pure, thoughtful, and humble. You are always the first to welcome the newcomer (you know how they feel), you are able to say "hello" in numerous languages, you are a faithful friend, and the most loving big sister. This first year of high school I've watched you tackle so many challenges, grow deeper in your walk with Jesus, and embrace fantastic adventures here in Germany! You love to read, aren't afraid to try any new food once, really like eyeliner, love to play almost any sport, can talk all things football with daddy, and continue to shine so brightly as you play piano and sing. You have strong convictions, are respectful, hard working, and full of grace. My prayer is that you will continue to love the Lord more than you love anything else and watch Him do amazing things in your life! I'm so honored to be your mommy and I love you so very much!

... "My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul." ~ Psalm 108:1










Happy 5th birthday, Joshua! You are pure joy, smiles, and laughter, my boy. I'm so honored that God let me be your mommy... You give hugs all day long, love to have stories read to you, like to be outside as much as possible, and play with your action figures and Legos for hours. You are social, outgoing, thoughtful, and have a fantastic imagination. You like playing baseball, painting, cuddling with your dog, games with your sisters, family road trips, and your German-sing-n-play class. Right now your favorite foods are blueberry muffins (you stir them up with me and dump in extra blueberries), strawberries, hot dogs, scrambled eggs, pizza, and yogurt. You want to do everything your big brother does and wrestling with daddy or having "guy time" is your favorite. You play so well with our German neighbor boys, even though you don't speak the same language and you are the absolute most loving big brother to little Cora.
You are strong and courageous, Joshua, and I love you with all my heart!








Comments