Reflecting on 2021... a year of milestones


My online journal collected dust the last few months of 2021. For several reasons. Time, mostly. We moved again. Plus Instagram is quicker and I love interacting with friends in that space. And since this blog has become mostly to get my thoughts out, those thoughts (and prayers) end up in my paper journal. Which is safer, needed, and refreshing. I love my stacks of old journals. 

Jumping ahead to this new year, 2022, my goal is to post on this blog once a month, highlighting that month, and continue to have it printed every January as a family journal. My Hero loves to sit with a cup of morning blend coffee and look back on past blog memory albums. I saw our kids flipping through the pages often during Christmas break, too. It's a family storybook of pictures!

"Remember the wonders he has performed, his miracles, and the rulings he has given," ~ 1 Chronicles 16:12

Onto reflecting on 2021, which I've affectionately named "A Year of Milestones"...

We had our 1st homeschool graduate - Savannah Rose! Everyone says it, but it feels like yesterday we were just starting preschool and now she's a thriving college student, responsible young adult, and sold out for Jesus missionary.

My Hero retired from 25 years of courageous military service. That was by far the biggest milestone. I have so much to write about God's faithfulness and my brave husband, but that's for another time.

We watched our new home built and plan to stay here for at least longer than our typical 2-3 year military assignment. I can't imagine staying put for longer than that, but God has been refining me in a million ways and we shall see as His plans unfold.

Another milestone was move #14 - moving off MacDill Air Force Base (and into our new house), which felt heavy and big. A closing of so many years of moving from base to base as a military family.

We gained 3 teenagers in 2021, with Levi turning 13! My 3 bigs are truly big and I love this adventure with them.

Alisa passed her permit test with flying colors and is now our newest driver! Meanwhile, Savannah saved for and purchased her 1st car. Proud parent moments for sure!

In between all the family milestones were the everyday moments, which remind me continually of God's unchanging grace and mercy. My heart longs to see Him glorified in the very mundane and extraordinary celebrations of life.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm closing out my 2021 blogging with a few favorite pictures from October, November, and December. 

October...

Move #14!!!!, a Stay-In-Step Gala, our sweet friend's bridal tea, Cora's 4th birthday (how can our baby girl be 4?!), lots of football games in our new backyard, a visit from our friends who live on the west coast, and "Prescott Family Fall Fun Night" with the most amazing skyline!























November...

I love, love, love Thanksgiving, so November is always one of my favorite months. Being thankful changes everything! November brought Alisa's incredible performance in "Footloose Junior", Cora was the flower girl in Delaney and Jonathan's wedding, and we celebrated Thanksgiving for the 1st time in our new home. Oh the goodness of our God!








December... 

One of my favorite months of the year - packed full of my favorite traditions. In addition, Alisa's best friend, Brenna, visited from South Carolina, pretend snow at the zoo was magical, several Christmas dates, the peaceful moments of Advent, Christmas programs at church full of carols and worshipping our King, Savannah started her garden, family time with Papa, Nana, and great-grammy, hosting several groups of friends, teens, and college students in our new home, a Tampa Bay Lightning game with our dear friends and bringing in the new year with sparkling grape juice, games, and treasured family time as we welcomed in a new year!


























HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2022 here we come!

Comments