Home - my word for 2021


Did you choose a word for 2021?

Way back in January, I chose the word “home.”🏑

Home, where my prayers & thoughts have returned the last 8 months:

🏑 “A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands.” ~ Proverbs 14:1

🏑 This earthly home (body, life, location) is temporarily. I’m just passing through. 

“Heaven is where I will be completely & utterly at home” @joniandfriends 

Jesus has gone to prepare a place for all who trust Him as Savior; an eternal home. Am I living for eternity? Am I storing up treasures in Heaven? Do I live differently because my home is in Christ?

🏑 After 13 moves, our family is moving this month into a home where we plan to live longer than our typical 18-months-to-3-year-military assignment. This will be a place where roots may grow deeper and our mission trip won’t be so “short term”. Praying for eternal eyes to build wisely within these walls - a heart at home in Christ.

What is your word for this year?🀍 I’d love to know how it has encouraged, shaped, or challenged you the past few month!

 

Comments