Happy 18th Birthday, Savannah!


Happy 18th birthday, to my 1st baby! 

Being your mom, Savannah, is an honor every-single-day! You are a treasure and I love watching you grow. I remember cheering for you as you learned to walk when daddy was deployed to Iraq, during basketball games you played in Germany, and as part of a standing ovation when you performed so magnificently on stage in Clearwater, Florida! I will forever be the mom with happy tears running down my cheeks and prayers whispered over every mundane and every magnificent moment of your life.

You are the best big sister, thoughtful friend, and wise mentor. You love God’s Word and make understanding it so easy for children (and their parents.) You are a natural on stage & in front of a camera with your welcoming personality and gorgeous smile! You are a leader (not a party planner *wink*) and are not afraid to speak the truth in love. You make the world’s best chocolate chip cookies and yogurt bowls. You love vintage clothes, vinyl records, writing old-fashioned letters (with paper and stamps), and gardening (you’ve got a green thumb). You love to learn & try new things (which was one of my prayers all these years of homeschooling). You honor daddy and me, work hard, play hard, and see the best in others!

Sometimes when I look at you heading out the door to work or church or fun adventures, I still see my rosy-cheeked, twirling, arts & craft-loving little girl. And at 18-years-old I couldn’t be prouder of the young woman you’ve become! Happy Birthday, Savannah!

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13

Savannah's most recent ZONE TV speed sermon: Worship

A few more favorite senior pictures by Jake & Katie Photography!






Savannah enjoyed several family birthday celebrations and the morning of her birthday was spent with some of her dearest friends (small group leaders & Aunt Bea, too) with a party at our house! They played a few rousing games of kickball and Gestures, are brunch, and ended up staying for lunch, so we ordered pizzas. Daddy prayed over Savannah, we all sang to her, opened gifts, enjoyed homemade donut cake, and had a blast celebrating our "adult!" 








Always our baby girl! May 2003

Comments