Renew was my word for 2020 and 2 lists


After a very emotionally hard 13th military move across the ocean in 2019, my prayer was, “Lord renew my passion for You - the joy of my salvation! I want to follow and obey You in every area of my life. Please give me a new, refreshed, rekindled passion for my marriage, motherhood, homemaking, homeschooling, and ministry right where You’ve placed me today.”


God answered those prayers. In His timing and ways. Morning by morning. Through His Word. And because of His mercy and grace. 

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and RENEW a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” - Psalm 51:10-12


“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the RENEWING of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.” - Romans 12:2



And now, as the freshness of a new year has begun, there is a new word to focus on (which I’ll write more about soon) and 2 lists I wrote in my journal as we rang in 2021:


List #1. A thankful list that celebrates what God has done! 

So often in the Old Testament God told His people to “remember” and “don’t forget.” Remember how He provided, moved, supplied, redirected, healed, refreshed, corrected, blessed, and surprised.

And #2. is a list of ways I’m trusting Him with the future. Anticipating walking with Him through a paper full of new adventures this year. From mundane moments to growth to beautiful milestones. Lots of milestones coming in 2021! He doesn’t forget and He’s never late. He is trustworthy and unchanging. That’s peace.

I hope you’ll join me and that our lists will be a reminder that we don’t put our hope in a new year, but in the One who makes all things new!!!

Comments