Christmas Dates With Mommy


One of my favorite Christmas traditions of the past few years is taking individual Christmas shopping dates with my children. I love the one-on-one time and conversations that happen because they have my complete attention. 

I try to come up with a bunch of questions ahead of time like "What has been your best moment so far this month?" "What are you praying about this week?" and "What do you love about spending time with a certain friend?" I just relish stepping into their worlds, watching them choose Christmas gifts for their siblings, pick out a favorite wintery hot chocolate or coffee drink, and having the chance to talk to me privately about anything going on in their hearts (not just in December, but all year long). And although this year Savannah and Cora shared a date, it was extra special for my “book-ends” to have the special festive time together, too. 








 

Comments