Pandemic and food that comforts



One of the gifts I've tried to give my family is a place of comfort and refuge within the walls of our home. No matter how the world has looked outside (or where we've called home on this globe); daddy fighting wars across the ocean, news intended by the enemy to stir up fear, missing friends across the miles, storms, sicknesses, all-kinds-of-trials, and now throughout this Covid-pandemic.

Food is one blanket of comfort I'm able to provide my family. I'm certainly not a chef, I don't subscribe to a certain nutrition plan, and I love to try new recipes, but these simple photos remind me that I'm building comfort into the memories of my family (and all those we welcome into our home!). The cozy smell of pancakes and maple sausage in the morning, the special surprise snacks to remind them they are loved individually, the hearty soup on a rainy afternoon, the familiar cheesy-doughy-crust of pizza baking on family movie night, bowls of brightly colored fruit, boards of crisp veggies and their favorite dip, and the whole family pitching in to make weeknight dinners - laughing, learning, celebrating, and serving one another!

The secret ingredient is always love.




















Comments