Happy 7th Birthday, Joshua!



Regensburg, Germany

 
Happy 7th birthday, Joshua! No more days to countdown!

I’ll never forget trying to calm you after you were born. Your booming cry (much louder than all your siblings) seemed to say, “How could you take me from my warm and cozy space, into this cold, strange world!” But eventually, you settled peacefully into my arms in our hospital room in Regensburg, Germany. Today you are still my loudest child, with a voice and laugh heard across the house. And you haven’t outgrown snuggling up in my arms either. I’m grateful for every squeeze and I know God has special plans for your vocal strength, too!

When we put up your school books on weekdays, you are ready to head outside with your backpack full of supplies, your Nerf-guns loaded, and your bike ready to ride! Backyard exploring & neighborhood adventures are your jam. You come inside for dinner with the dirtiest feet and the happiest smile. You are all boy, love nature, love “guy time”(just you, daddy, and big brother), but also like to help me mix up cookies or sit on my lap for another story. You do not like being in the car or traveling right now. I think moving 4 times in your 7 years of life has really made you appreciate the comforts of home. You have excelled at reading and math this school year and are the best “recycling chore helper.” You love Legos, the ocean, digging in the sand, hitting the punching bag, playing games with your siblings, and eating grilled wings and burgers. You are so funny and fill our home with joy!

I asked you yesterday what story in the Bible has helped you the most lately and you said, “When Jesus died on the cross for me.” My prayer is that Jesus will always be your best friend and you will seek Him 1st all the days of your life. You are a gift my Joshua The Brave! On your birthday and every day, I’m so thankful to be your mommy and love you forever & ever!!! Happy 7th birthday!


You were up bright and early on your big day; ready for an epic family celebration and surprised by a monstrous amount of Nerf Gun Bullets! We celebrated all day, daddy grilled chicken wings, your siblings gave you homemade cards, there were a lot of LEGO creations, I made a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting and vanilla ice-cream (you like vanilla right now! And Root beer!), and we capped the day off with a family Nerf battle. You are so loved, big boy! 







   




Comments