January & February Things


They say time flies when you're having fun. Well, it's true. I can't believe we have jumped into month 3 of 2019. Try as I might, I can't get time to slow down. I consciously choose to savor the moments, even the dozens of days the past 5 weeks we've passed around a cold/flu/fever/cough and/or stomach bug in our house. Currently 3 kiddoes are still on the mend. It's been exhausting and I'm weary. On the flip side, I'm grateful that these are small illnesses and I can certainly count my blessings amidst these inconvenient trials. I find refuge in the King of Kings and I trust that He authors my days so much better than I could ever hope to. His plans are always for my good and always for His glory.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” ~ Psalm 91:1&2


These pictures are in no particular order and I'm missing a dozen other moments I should record, but I'm going to press ahead and start with basketball! Savannah and Alisa, were on the same team - the Blue Lightening! Because of their age gap, this was the first and probably only time they will be on the same team. It was pure joy for this mama (and daddy) to watch! Theses incredible young ladies practiced hard, gave it all on the court, and encouraged their teammates. They celebrated several victories, learned a lot about not giving up when the scoreboard was discouraging, and Savannah worked through the pain of an injury while still playing in the tournament (that's what team captains do she said). I could not be prouder of my girls. I learn so much from these two beauties and I'm honored to be their mommy!






One day after Cora got over her turn with the flu, she and I headed to the bakery for treats for the other kiddoes. My toddler eagerly ran down the cobblestone streets in our village. Fresh air and sunshine are medicine!



The next few pictures show a typical homeschool day, starting with my quiet time, Bible study, planning, and praying through the day ahead. Sometimes we all do school at the kitchen table, often someone is reading to me while I prepare lunch, and other days everyone retreats to their own bedrooms or a comfy couch. I'm so honored to have these 5 home with me and I don't take school choice for granted. I also consider time in the kitchen some of the best educational hours. Joshua has a blast counting while cracking eggs.





When we were first stationed in Germany, I immediately noticed all the neatly stacked wood piles. They are almost works of art. I took a picture of one we walk by frequently in our neighborhood.


We were blessed to be invited to celebrate sweet Anna's 3rd birthday! What a special day and oh how we love this beautiful cutie (and her entire family). Friends forever!


Sometimes every day outings turn into 4-D experiences or driving lessons.


We were stationed with the Williams family in Maryland. Later, we were all stationed in Europe (different locations)  and able to visit each other at our homes across the pond. Now they live in the same city as we do and I can't stop pinching myself! The kids have all grown up (again, time slow down) and we've each added a few new ones. *smile* It's been wonderful to catch up and we were able to surprise 3 of these kiddoes with a surprise birthday party at our house. Hotel living while looking for housing can be tough and I hope we've made their transition a little easier.





This gorgeous girl captured such delicate pictures of the snow melting. I love seeing life through her lens.








Our romantic Valentines Day date started at 6:00 AM with a drive to the American Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany, to retrieve paperwork for our tiniest princess. We ended up having lunch at McDonalds before driving home... my heart completely melted (as it often does when I'm with my handsome guy) as I waited  in line for our coffee-to-go and caught a glimpse of my Hero and our baby girl playing with her kid's meal toy together. Be. Still. My. Heart. Ah, true love indeed!

At home Savannah had made a beautiful plate of chocolate covered strawberries and we enjoyed a family celebration of love. God's love for us and our love for one another!

We love because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19










Comments

Post a Comment