You can homeschool your children


Savannah was 4-years-old when we opened "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons." I had a stack of beautiful storybooks, our favorite children's Bible, a bin full of craft supplies, a chalkboard easel, a homeschool planner, and a heart excited to teach my girl. I still remember many of my urgent prayers for patience and wisdom. She was my guineapig and will be my first homeschool graduate in 2021.

 Have I done everything right? Absolutely not. Did I always choose the perfect curriculum, plan the best field trips, or spend the amount of time I should have teaching her multiplication tables? Not hardly. Will there be holes in her education? Certainly. But no matter the public school, private school, or homeschool, there will be those holes. 

No education is perfect and I have never believed I could teach my 5 children everything they need to know. However, I know the One who will teach and guide them into everything they need to know, to fulfill His purpose for their lives. 

So if you are considering homeschooling this coming school year, I want you to know that you can do it! I'm cheering for you! I am not a supermom and I don't have a teaching degree, but my children are passionate about learning and confident in who they are in Christ. Homeschooling has challenged me to pray daily for patience, wisdom, gentleness, discernment, grace, and joy! But those are all good things to be praying for and a reminder that it is God who meets my children's needs, not me. I'm an instrument, but He is the source. And because of that, you can homeschool, too!

Comments