Our family “5 Keys To Close Friendship”


Whenever we move-with-the-military I pray the Lord will bless my children with life-giving, godly friendships (and continue to keep those close, who are far apart). My extraverts are usually the first to say “hello” and welcome the new kid, but my Hero and I are given the responsibility of teaching them to choose friendships, especially close friendships, wisely. As my dad told me growing up, “You will become like who you spend your time with.” “Bad company corrupts good morals.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
..
So here are our family “5-Keys-To-Close-Friendship.”
..
☀️ Is my friend following Jesus? We can’t judge the heart, but we can see the fruit.
☀️ Does my friend honor their parents? So important!
☀️ Does my friend have wholesome speech? This says volumes about a person’s character.
☀️ Does my close friend treat my siblings with kindness? Very important as our older children mentor our littler ones.
☀️ Does this friend encourage and build me up? Joy spreads joy!



And we are so proud of this beautiful graduate!! What a light and amazing friend to my girls! Congratulations class of 2020!!!

Comments