Books I re-read in preparation for a new homeschool year


I chose 4 of my favorite parenting/homeschooling books to skim through before beginning a new homeschool year last week. So much truth and inspiration in these pages:


"We recognize all the small moments throughout our day for what they are - the makings of a cathedral of timeless beauty, the planting of seeds that will bear fruit in their season."

2. The Ministry of Motherhood, by Sally Clarkson

"Knowing the limitations of my responsibility as a mother has actually been quite freeing. I can be God's agent for cultivating the hearts of my children; in fact, I'm supposed to fill that role. But only God can give them life, strength, and divine guidance. This means my success in life or in motherhood or as a Christian is not dependent on my being perfect, but on my allowing God, in the Person of the Holy Spirit to work through me to accomplish his purposes. His life is far more powerful and authoritative than mine. As I depend on him, he who began a good work in me will perfect it (Phil 1:6) He will do the same for the precious ones he has entrusted to me.

3. Parenting From The Heart, by Marilyn Boyer

"Newsflash - children weren't entrusted to us for our convenience. They are God's treasures, entrusted to our care for a limited time only. God will hold us accountable for how we invest our time in those treasures."


"We are in a battle. That precious bundle of joy that you held in the delivery room is like an arrow, not to coddle and caress and hold close to your chest or put on display near the family crest. Instead, you are to fashion and shape that arrow, to raise and release it in order to set the captives free and join the triumphant throng forever declaring the praises of our great King!"

Lastly, here is a little tour of our new homeschool space (11th, 8th, 6th, 1st & toddler school for us this 2019-2020 school year!). Homeschooling in our house takes place mostly at the dining room table (also in quieter bedrooms, on couches, outside, and even on the floor), but it's a gift to have a place to keep everything organized! I plan to do another post soon with our curriculum (tools!) choices for this year, my planning method, and our "family basket" rotation. Praying for all my friends beginning a new year of home education. May we teach with eternity in mind, pray fervently, find joy in the every-day-journey with our kiddoes, and keep our eyes focused on Jesus!










Comments