Happy 13th Birthday, Alisa!




It was yesterday this sweet girl of mine was a busy toddler, pulling every book off her bookshelf and running around in pink-footy-pajamas. The cutest! Today, she is a beautiful young lady; full of peace and grace.

Alisa requested a "Smore's Bar," scavenger hunt, bonfire, and game night party with friends. What a special group of kids and I continue to thank the Lord for providing these young people as gifts in my kids lives. They had a blast and I know my girl felt loved.

A few days later Alisa and I went on her 13th birthday mommy/daughter date, where I presented her with a special book; filled with letters, notes, scriptures, personal stories, and prayers from godly women (including her big sister - cue the mommy tears) who love Alisa and are praying for her as she enters this new season of life. It blessed me to read the ways these women see Jesus already using Alisa, where she is standing strong for Christ, and how she is making a difference in the lives of others. I'm just so proud of this girl. The letters are also something she can return to during times of loneliness or trials, to encourage her heart.

Back to our date: we went out for lunch (Italian!), had the best gelato for dessert, bought her first make-up set, some new clothes, and talked and talked and talked. She also got her hair-cut! 

In closing, Happy 13th birthday, to my thoughtful, guitar playing, athletic, dessert baking, tree climbing, Star Wars quoting, welcoming, oh-so-much-fun, Alisa Grace.

I couldn't be prouder of the wise choices you make, how you honor daddy and me, the way you serve those around you, and passionately lead worship. You have such a tender heart to the things of God. You are organized, a hard worker, competitive, daring, and a fiercely loyal friend. All your siblings adore you and you are the kindest sister. I love our mommy/daughter talks, board game competitions, and school days together. You are pure joy, my girl!

I'm so excited for this new season of your life and pray that you will continue to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus; enjoying all the beautiful gifts He gives you each day! I love you so dearly much, Alisa! ;)















Comments