Moving With The Military - The Blessings


12 across country or over the ocean moves, 7 states, 2 continenets, 14 houses, numerous weeks/months in hotesl waiting for housing (in the midst of war time deployments and my husband's travel-for-work-schedule). Yes, moving is my hobby!

As our family prepares for another military move in a few weeks, it’s easy to focus on the challenges (which I also plan to blog about). The challenges are front and center. Moving is hard and the obstacles, emotions, and hurdles are many. Can I get an "amen" from all my moving friends? However, like everything in life, it's my choice to look for the good that comes from boxes being packed up again. 

Moving reminds me that earthly possessions are temporary. When that moving truck pulls away each time, I remember that it contains just "things." 

Moving has forced me to see that my identity is in Christ. Not in a place or position or friendship or location on a map. HE remains the same and I'm His.

Moving causes me to pair down and keep items that give me happy-est thoughts or that I truly need in our home. I'm reminded that nesting is something I absolutely cherish, but it's my family and the sweet presence of the Holy Spirit, that make our house a home. Not the decor within it, the size of the house, or the location on the globe.

Moving teaches me to pray more diligently and specifically; trusting my very unknown future (a house, new friendships, friendships for my children, a new doctor, a church family, etc, etc, etc, etc.) to a known God who holds this whole world in His hands.

Big hugs to all my fellow moving friends and a high-five that you can do this!

Philippians 3:20 – "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Comments