Worship


"If the stars were made to worship, so will I..." 


Since becoming a mommy (almost 16-years-ago), one of my prayers has been that my children would live a life of worship - loving their Savior, fixing their eyes above, and living for eternity. Worship music has been a big part of that. This music has been playing around them and sung over them since they were in my womb. Praise-and-Worship music always beckons me to take my eyes off myself, off the temporary, onto the One who created life itself. He is the very breath in our lungs. The reason we sing. The reason we live. Worship changes everything. It fights battles. It calms fears. It heals broken hearts. It tucks us safely into our Heavenly Father's embrace.

My girls started leading worship at their youth group in Florida, a few years ago and here in Germany, they get to serve at our Chapel Next services during youth Sundays (Levi joined them and their friends for the first time and I was so proud of my brave 10-year-old boy). Watching my sweeties step out in their gifts, honoring God with their talents, truly believing the words they sing, and praying for others to come to Jesus through their music, brings my mama heart joy beyond anything I can put into words. And watching our little Cora clap, dance, raise her chubby baby fingers, and sing babble along with her siblings makes me believe that babies (even in the womb) know a lot more about worshiping our Creator than we older folks do. Completely lost in the perfect joy and freedom of worshiping Jesus.

"If the stars were made to worship so will I
If the mountains bow in reverence so will I
If the oceans roar Your greatness so will I
For if everything exists to lift You high so will I
If the wind goes where You send it so will I
If the rocks cry out in silence so will I
If the sum of all our praises still falls shy
Then we’ll sing again a hundred billion times..." 
- Hillsong Worship



Comments